Real Techniques Haul | Core Collection and Starter Set

Friday, December 09, 2016

Hey all, Today's post is about something that I am incredibly excited about because I got this purchase for a real bargain! 

As you all will know if you read my recent post about three real techniques brushes I brought, I love them they are by far the best value for money out of all the brushes that I've tried. Recently I have wanted to expand my collection so when my friend Kelly sent me a link to a site which had them on offer I literally went crazy.



My Pretty Face Place is a company based in America but they are selling products including real techniques brushes for such great prices, I have just brought the Real Techniques core collection and the starter kit for a combined price of £15.68 as when I brought them My Pretty Face Place had 20% off everything on their site add this to the voucher code which I got off cosmetics crave which gave me a further 15% off on top of the discount that was already running.

At first I was sceptical about how they had the brushes for such a low price but once I saw that the company was on the Real Techniques website having been listed as an international stockist my worries melted away. (Just a side note you should always be careful about buying online, make sure the site is reputable and also try to pay by credit card if possible as they have better defences against fraud than a debit card does!)

This price is brilliant considering that just the core collection retails at boots for £21.99 and at Superdrug for £20.99, it’s like getting two for the price of one while still getting money off. The International shipping is £6.39 so my whole order came to £22.07 which is amazing! I was so excited to receive my purchases which according to My Pretty Face Place should take from 1-3 weeks to arrive. The products arrived after two weeks which I thought considering they came from Minneapolis was pretty good. 



I am incredibly happy with my purchases and think that they are a brilliant addition to my collection. One thing I really loved about my whole ordering experience with My Pretty Face Place is the little hand written thank you I got at the end of my invoice which came with my purchases this really make my day that they took the time to add the personal touch J



Now onto the products, I love the Real Techniques brushes that I already have and let me tell you my new purchases have not been a disappointment. Out of the Core Collection there is only one brush that I have not used so far and that is the detailer brush although I think that it would be great to use it to apply lip products, to give precision when converting up blemishes and also to get a more natural brow look.



I have used all of the other three brushes and I really love them they have become a part of my every day routine, I use the buffing brush to blend in my foundation after I have applied it with my Real Techniques Stippling Brush. With the pointed foundation brush I feel that it is too small to use it to actually apply foundation with so I use it to blend in concealer around my eyes and nose areas. Finally I use the contour brush as it was intended, let me tell you it is fantastic for the job it is intended for it helps to define my cheek bones perfectly.



Now with the starter set it is something that I brought on a whim because I was getting the other set of such a fantastic price I thought why not buy the other too I am bound to use the brushes at some point, therefore the fact that I am using them more than I expected is a bonus.



As with all Real Techniques brushes they are all incredibly soft, I have only used two so far the base shadow brush and the deluxe crease brush but I adore them. These brushes are great for applying my eye shadow, what I love best about them is that they take just the right amount of powder onto the brush no too much and just enough J  

What I want to know is if you have any Real Techniques brushes? If so which ones are you favourite and which do you recommend to be the next one to be added to my collection?   


Hope you all have a fantabulous day  


You Might Also Like

43 comments

  1. That's a real bargain! I have the core collection and looking to get the starter set. Would love to see a review on the starter set!

    Great post! :)

    Jesslyn xo
    FashionSquash

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I couldn't believe the price! and definitely once I have used them for a bit longer I will do a more in-depth review :)

      From, Laura-Beth

      Delete
  2. I so so so need some of these brushes in my life!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Go,go and get some !! They are just so good!

      Delete
  3. You've got a great collection & what a bargain! I'm defo going to check out that website.
    Maybe Its Megan Leigh xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a quick and easy shopping experience with them, i had no trouble :)

      From Laura-Beth

      Delete
  4. I would love to get the starter set!! I have the real techniques blush brush and it is amazing! I have nominated you for a Liebster Award!! Find out more at history-neverrepeats.blogspot.co.uk

    Katrina X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You !! I am working on my post at the moment :)

      From, Laura-Beth

      Delete
  5. I have recently bought a few different Real Techniques brushes and i love them. I really want to get the eye make up brushes set next. x

    http://scrapbookofallsorts.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  6. heard some great things about these brushes, might make a cheeky purchase if i can justify buying yet even more brushes!!
    Michelle xo - @shelleymagpie
    www.shelleymagpie.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is always an excuse to but more brushes :)

      Delete
  7. I've really been wanting these sets! But when added together it seems like so expensive- I'm waiting until they go buy 1 get 1 50% at Ulta!
    Jennifer
    http://naturewithnurture.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do go get them, they are so good! and so so soft!

      Delete
  8. Hey, I nominated you for the Liebster Award. I'm not sure if you've been nominated before but you should check it out. Love your blog and you deserve it!

    http://bigbeautybag.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww Thank You! I am working on my post for it at the moment :)

      Delete
  9. Such a great deal you got, I love mine! They really are the best, I have the pink ones as well x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I couldn't believe the price! Aren't they so soft!

      Delete
  10. I've had the core collection a while now and absolutely love it, couldnt be without it now :) you got these as a bargain!

    hannah bee
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this post! I cant believe the price you got the brushes for that's amazing! Reading your opinion on the brushes was really useful as well, I've been meaning to get some for a while, definitely going to get some now!
    Emily xx
    beautyaboveandbeyond.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a bargain! checking out that site right now!! x x

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have practically every RT Brush now and have to say that they're all amazing! I don't think I'd buy any other brand nowadays :)

    Found your blog via the Bbloggers chat on Twitter last night and am now following :)

    Louise x

    @staceysmum84

    Confessions of a Secret Shopper

    ReplyDelete
  14. love your blog! I nominated you for the Liebster Award :) http://beautyaboveandbeyond.blogspot.co.uk/2013/09/september-daily-blog-day-9-liebster.html

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've been trying to get cheap but good makeup brushes for so long, and these seem very cool! I'll definitely check these out! Thanks for sharing xx

    Inês

    http://ipeachycoral.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the ones with the gold handles, they look nice. All the brushes look so soft and fluffy! :)

    IAmLinderella.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love RT brushes! I have to look into getting this set as you can;t have too many! :)
    hareem x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Best budget brushes by a long shot! The photos you have used are beautiful too!

    Lyndsey xxx

    ellelaww.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love Real Techniques! Such great deals! What a bargain! Lovely blog by the way, I've followed!xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. i just bought some Real Techniques brushes from there because of your post! loving my life! Did you encounter any customs charges when you bought them?
    thank you for writing this post, I can't wait to review mine now :) xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay I love them so I don't think you will be disappointed! :) And no I did not have to pay any extra charges like customs. I cant wait to read your review of what you have brought! :)

      From, Laura-Beth

      Delete
  21. Great haul I have not tried these brushes yet thanks for sharing your thoughts x

    www.krystelcouture.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Bargainous! I wish I was the kind of girl who could wield a make-up brush. I can't *sad face*
    Great post!
    M x Life Outside London

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what the Pixiwoo tutorials are for! They'll teach you all about the brushes and how to use them! :)

      Delete
  23. Everyone can get their brushes from My Pretty Face Place too with our code for new customers : I<3MyPrettyFacePlace

    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I want to get some for Christmas but have been quite skeptical as I haven't actually heard a great deal about them but after reading your post I've been persuaded to give them a go for definite, thank you x

    http://hannahb-beauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. What an absolute bargain!! I've got the Core Collection but have recently been eyeing up their stippling brush, finishing brush and powder brush!

    Might have to take a peek at this site!

    www.ceejayell.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  26. They are some of my favorite brand brushes !
    From price to quality they are amazing
    http://www.betzysmakeup.com/

    ReplyDelete
  27. That is such an amazing bargain! I only have the Core Collection at the moment but really want to get some more of the Real Techniques brushes as I love them. Will definitely have to check the website out that you mentioned :) x

    ReplyDelete
  28. I have the starter set and it's absolutely amazing :)
    Hayley
    Water Painted Dreams xxx

    ReplyDelete
  29. What an incredibly amazing deal! I've been lusting after these for ages and have read every review I can find so I'm hoping some will wing their way over to me this christmas! Love your blog :) xx

    shewearsburgundy.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  30. Just bought these thanks to your post! You persuaded me haha, so thank you! x

    http://simplymarshy.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Instagram

Popular Posts

Subscribe