Review: L'Oreal Paris, Pure Clay Rescue Mask

Sunday, August 06, 2017

My skin has always been a troublesome area for me, I find that just as I think I have got it under control… bam the spots come back! For me and many others this can be crippling, your face is what people see first when they look at you. The first thing I see when I look at my face are my spots. This is why I am always on the lookout for items which will help my acne.

Recently I have had another flare-up and I have been trying some new products to combat it. The first one on my list is the new L’Oreal Paris, Pure Clay Blemish Rescue Mask. Now the reason I bought this item isn’t because I had heard great things or someone recommended it to me. It was purely down to advertising and a promotional offer, I when I went into Boots and saw it was on offer so I couldn’t resist!

Review: L'Oreal Paris, Pure Clay Rescue Mask

Now there were a few to choose from, the range now includes:
-       - Blemish Rescue Mask – which clears and unclogs pores with this main ingredient being marine algae
-       - Bright Mask – to even, tone and illuminate the skin, the main ingredient is Yuzu Lemon
-       - Purity Mask – This one purifies and mattifies skin, with the addition of eucalyptus
-       - Detox Mask – As it says on the tin this mask detoxifies and clarifies your skin, the main ingredient is charcoal
-       - Glow Mask – finally this mask brightens and exfoliates the skin, the ingredient which helps with this is red algae

Along with each of these the main components in every mask are:
-       - Kaolin – A highly effective natural clay, known to absorb impurities and sebum
-       - Montmorillonite – Rich in minerals, a clay recognised for helping to eliminate imperfections
-       - Ghassoul – A pure clay highly concentrated in minerals renowned to help clarify complexion.

So basically, there are a lot of amazing ingredients in these masks! As mentioned I am having a problem with blemishes so purchased the Blemish Rescue Mask.

L’Oreal claims that you will be able to see results after one use:  
 Immediately – Skin is fresh, pores have shrunk and blemishes reduced
 Use for one week – Blackheads are unclogged, skin is mattified
 Use after use – Pores are cleared, skin is visibly transformed

I can’t yet say that my skin is visibly transformed as I don’t think I have been using the product long enough, but I can say that I saw results after the first use.

I noticed was that the red angry spots which I had before, weren’t so angry and that the redness had definitely been reduced. Which is a win in my book. As for the other claims, I don’t think that my skin is more mattified but I would say that the number of blackheads on my nose have reduced. I think after more use I could see more results which excites me!

Often people are looking for that fast fix with skincare which usually never happens. If you had bad skin then it is a process to finding what works well for you, and then letting it happen, your skin will not be transformed overnight. This is why I really like that L’Oreal says what you should find from each type of use, if you don’t use it as often as they say then you won’t see the best results!

The texture of this mask is lovely, it is very smooth and almost silky in feeling. A little goes a long way and I haven’t made much of a dent in the pot yet even though I use it twice a week!

Review: L'Oreal Paris, Pure Clay Rescue Mask


It dries into a beautiful metallic blue shade, which I would love to buy some piece of clothing in it! It does dry slightly tight but I don’t mind that feeling. My skin feels really hydrated once I rinse it off. There isn’t much of a specific smell, but it doesn’t smell bad and the scent it does have is not overly powerful once it is on your face.

Review: L'Oreal Paris, Pure Clay Rescue Mask


On to the packaging, which I love, sometimes with cheaper items you can tell from the packaging that they cost less, but with the clay masks, that isn’t the case. While the box they come in is quite generic, just with the usual branding on the outside, the jar that actually contains the mask feels really secure and more premium.

Review: L'Oreal Paris, Pure Clay Rescue Mask


I would definitely recommend this product to people, especially if you are having acne issues!! What is your holy grail skincare product? Anything you recommend me trying?

SHOP THIS RANGE - Boots | Superdrug 

FOLLOW ME - Twitter | Instagram | Bloglovin 

CONTACT ME - thisislaurabeth@gmail.com

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. I really want to get in to face masks and this sounds like the perfect one! Great recommendations x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definetley need to give this mask a go! I've got the red one and i love it so i'm hoping this one will help me with the breakouts i've been getting recently! Loved the post

    Soph | www.planetwhispers.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a wonderful review! You've definitely convinced me to try this haha, do you think it might be okay for sensitive skin? Love your blog :D xx

    elizabeth ♡ ”Ice Cream” whispers Clara
    (lets follow each other on bloglovin or instagram)

    ReplyDelete

Instagram

Popular Posts

Subscribe