Review Time: Zara Perfume in Fruity

Sunday, July 23, 2017

My Nan wore the same perfume most of her life, even now, years after she passed if I smell Youth Dew I am taken back to sitting in her living room while eating toasted cheese and Bovril sandwiches done in the toasted sandwich maker (something we did not have at home, making the experience that more special!).

Perfume is something I wear every day. While the main reason for wearing it, is so that I smell nice, the other is so that I can have a sniff of it if I go through somewhere which smells or when I am on the tube on the way home. People can get a bit whiffy in the evening!!

While previously I have been a massive fan of YSL (see my blog post here) and Michael Khors (I might do a post on that one), I have found a new cheaper, everyday perfume. It is from Zara!

Now as soon as I smelt this I knew I had to purchase it. My friend Alice – hi Alice if you ever read this! – had been wearing it for a while and whenever I smelt it I always commented on how much I liked it and asked where she got it from. Time and time again I got the same answer, Zara! Apparently, I have the memory of a sieve sometimes, as I have lost count of the amount of times I asked!

When I was offered my new job, Alice and I took a weekend trip to London so we could hang out and spend some time together before I left the house we were sharing, also who am I kidding - we wanted to shop. I knew that I wanted to get this perfume during our trip, and now I am obsessed with this perfume.

One of the most important things for me is that it smells amazing but doesn’t cost a fortune. As I wear it every day (and put a decent amount on!) I have been known to go through perfume quite quickly. By wearing a cheaper brand during my day to day life I can save the more expensive products for the weekend or special occasions.

This perfume called Fruity, as the name suggests, has quite a fruity scent with the it being built up of top notes of Grapefruit and Mandarin, heart notes of Rose and Jasmine, then finally with a Vanilla base note. This builds up to create a wonderful light and fruity scent perfect for everyday use. The thing I like most about it is that while you would describe it as fruity, it’s not overpowering and I would even describe it as having a fresh edge to it.

Review of Zara Perfume Fruity

I find that the perfume lasts all day which is definitely a must for me, no point to putting it on if it only lasts half the day! I tend to put it on both of my wrists, then rubbing a little into the pulse points on my neck. Occasionally I will give myself a body sprits, but often I find it is not needed as, let me tell you, this perfume can be quite strong, meaning you don’t need to put too much on. I hate it when I have to cover myself in a perfume just to get a hint of the smell!! Don’t misunderstand me though, this is not an overpowering perfume. Somehow Zara has got it spot on!

Review of Zara Perfume Fruity

The packaging perfectly portrays the philosophy of Zara, stylish and minimalistic. It comes in a pink box with just the name on the outside and the bottle itself is clear showing the slightly tinted liquid on the inside. Now I love a bottle where I can actually see how much I have left! It makes life just that little bit easier as I can then notice when I am going to be needing more! And the price is not bad either, coming in at £5.99 for 30ml, £9.99 for 100ml and £12.99 for 200ml. Not bad at all! This has quickly become one of my favourite perfumes and I can’t wait to try more of the range!

Review of Zara Perfume, Fruity

So, what is your favourite at the moment? Do you change it up between a few, or are you loyal to one? Let me know in the comments below!


Until next time my lovelies!

From, Laura-Beth

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. This looks nice, I need to head to Zara and have a smell!! I alternate between five... I also like Victorias Secret & Bath and Body Works body sprays to use on an everyday basis.

    I have nominated you for the Blogger Recognition Award -
    https://hayleyxmartin.com/blogger-recognition-award/

    hayley // hayleyxmartin.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm always on the lookout for new perfumes. Luckily the one Zara store we have in NZ is in Auckland (how I miss shopping in the UK!). I might go there just to try this one out. My go to perfume is Elizabeth Arden Green Tea Lavender.

    ReplyDelete

Instagram

Popular Posts

Subscribe