Review: Charlotte Tilbury, Instant Look in a Pallet in Beauty Glow

Sunday, November 12, 2017

Very rarely do I get a product which completely changes up my make-up routine, but this is exactly what the Charlotte Tilbury Instant Look in a Pallet in Beauty Glow did. I received it as a birthday present from my sister in July and since then it has become part of my every day routine in one way or another.

Review: Charlotte Tilbury, Instant Look in a Pallet in Beauty Glow


What I had found is that my routine had become a bit stagnant, I used the same products day in, day out without much variation even going so far as to use the same two shades out of my Urban Decay naked pallet every day (Half Baked and Darkhorse I’m looking at you!).

Review: Charlotte Tilbury, Instant Look in a Pallet in Beauty Glow


This pallet is meant to be a ‘5 minuet face on the go’ and it definitely does what it says on the tin. If I am going out or staying overnight somewhere it has dramatically reduced the amount of makeup I need to take with me! This pallet covers most areas, from eyes to face and blush, this pallet creates a whole look!

1 – Brighten 
This is a shade I haven’t used too much, for me I would have loved to see it a little lighter, but that is just personal preference. Instead of using this to brighten I have been using as a nice light shade to put on as my base eye colour If I am going for more of a natural no make-up make-up look.

2 – Enhance
Now I have had to get to grips with this colour and I think it is my least used part of the pallet. The reason for this is originally  was finding it hard to get any real pop of colour from the shade, which I found strange as this was not the case with all of the other aspects of the pallet. I found that when I changed my eyeshadow primer back to my old favourite (urban decay you god send) I managed to get much better pigmentation and colour from the shadow. I still battle with this shade and find I sometimes have to build it up to get a good colour, but I am learning to love it. Once I get it working for me it is beautiful coppery colour

3 – Smoke
I love this shade it is a lovely matte medium to dark brown. I am a real fan of a darker brown shadow on the outer edge of my eyelid and this one is a perfect shade for a natural look. You can build it up for a more dramatic look or put a sweep over the eye for a bit of definition.

4 – Face, Bronze
The formulation of this powder is lovely and I really do find that it stays on my face all day. Which for me is a rare occurrence as my skin can get so oily sometimes it is like an oil slick! This shade on me is a great natural bronzer, it doesn’t create a very strong look but instead just gives my skin a healthy - I’ve been in the sun this weekend and have just caught it on the sides of my face - look. I think I would personally like it to be slightly darker but I think its current shade would suite a wider variety of skin tones.

5 – Cheek swish
At the start, I didn’t quite know what to do with this shade, but now I love it. This powder is almost the most versatile in the whole pallet and like number 4 it has great staying power! It can be used as more of a contour in the hollow of your cheeks to define those cheek bones or ‘swished’ across the apples of your cheeks for a darker bronzed look.

6- Cheek, pop

And pop it does, this shade adds a lovely touch of colour to your cheeks. Much like the enhance eyeshadow shade, I find that to get the best results the colour needs to be built up in a couple of layers. This isn’t a bad thing when it comes to blush though as by building it up you are then left with a beautiful shade on your cheeks.

7- Face, Highlighter
In a highlighter, I am not going to lie I do usually like to see more of a shine on my face, but that is probably as until this highlighter I didn’t tend to use one in my every day make up routine. Well that changed, I think this highlighter really finishes off the pallet nicely adding that final glow to the make-up look.
Review: Charlotte Tilbury, Instant Look in a Pallet in Beauty Glow

Overall the formulation of these products is great, they all sit nicely on the skin and I don’t get that horrible cakey feeling from them! The enhance eyeshadow is probably my least favourite part of the pallet as it has taken me a while to get used it! I love to mix different parts of this pallet with other products and I find that it has really mixed up my make-up routine! It is great that I can pick this up in a hurry and have basically a whole look in one pallet! It has become one of my go-to products and I will definitely be repurchasing when it runs out!


Have you tried any Charlotte Tilbury products? If so what do you recommend I try from their range next?  


You Might Also Like

1 comments

Instagram

Popular Posts

Subscribe