First Bloggers Meetup | Goodies Bags

Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Hello all, how snazzy is this two posts in quick succession. As you might be able to tell I have indeed sorted my life out (time wise) and am making a conscious effort to make time to do the stuff I love such as blogging.

Today I am finally getting round to writing a post I have been meaning to write for a while now. Last month I went to my first ever blogger meet up, which was organised by the lovely Hareem from iheartmexo.com.

I was extremely nervous about my first event, I think the thing I was most worried about was not having anything to talk about with the other bloggers. Out of all the fears I could have had I now realise that it was a slightly silly fear to have, as we all have a common interest - blogging.

The day was arranged wonderfully, we all met up in the morning and proceeded to take our seats for the Highcross Fashion Show which was all incredibly exciting.


The lovely people at Highcross called it the Autumn Fashion Fix and there were eight scenes in total all focusing on different themes. There was The Red Zone, Grandma’s Attic, Gothic Lace, Country Trad, Curves & Coats, Tartan Twist, Animal Instinct and the finale Shine which was very glamorous. 

All of the scenes showed both high end and high street pieces so you got a real mix. Although sometimes it was slightly disappointing seeing a lovely article of clothing only to discover is was way, way, way out of my price range.

Here are some pictures I took of the models as they walked down the runway :




After the show was over we all went to have a good nosey round the shops, which was really lovely as I was with others who understood why I might want to swatch 20 lipsticks to find the exact shade that I’m looking for.

Once we got our shopping fix, Hareem had arranged for us to have a wonderful meal at Bella Italia, which may I just say that the food was amazing. I chose to have the spinach and chicken calzone and it was to die for, there was so much flavour and it was like I was swimming in cheese with the amount of mozzarella in it!

Another surprise that Hareem had arranged were gigantic goodie bags! When I say it was big I mean real big, it was so heavy it hurt my hand carrying it home! (don’t worry though thats a good thing!)



All of the companies were very generous in giving their products and I am slowly making my way through the collection of products, so get ready for lots of reviews on all of these lovely items.

One company which I want to specially mention is Angelica Nail Colour who kindly personalised the packaging, it was so sweet and made it extra special!

Again I want to say thank you to Hareem for organising it all for us. I had such a lovely time it was great getting to meeting so many other bloggers all at once!


Have you been at any blogger meet ups? If so how did it go are were you nervous before hand? 

You Might Also Like

10 comments

  1. Thankyou for coming! So lovely to meet you! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks amazing! Glad you had a good time x
    Joannaloves

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lucky you! I'm going to my first event this coming Saturday, I'm definitely nervous too, but reading this has made me so excited :)

    Hmm maybe...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just had a follow of your blog after finding you on Twitter. You're so close to 100 GFC followers, congrats :)

    Also this event looks great, I've been blogging since January and never been to one :( need to get out there!

    I'm at www.bylaurenj.blogspot.co.uk if you want to say hi! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah I wish I could have attended this! Great write up - the goody bag loos so cool! Also love the shots from the fashion show! :)
    Saadiya x

    www.thatgirlsaadiya.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks for tweeting me your blog link! I started my blog last month and haven't been to any yet! I'd be super nervous to though!!!

    my link if you wanted to check it out :) www.tigerlilybeauty.blogspot.com | UK Beauty Blog

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw I was meant to come to this but was recovering from surgery, boo! I was gutted I missed it! Hareem & Emma were sweet enough to arrange to send me a goody bag tho, which was so lovely of them! Glad you had a fab time!! Gutted I didn't get to meet you!
    Lianne | TheBrunetteSays...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like a fab time! You got some amazing things in the goodie back - jealous!
    xx

    www.salted-roses.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'd love to attend one but I live in the middle of nowhere :-( That goodie bag is massive. I bet will last ages.

    Helen
    teainthetub.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Instagram

Popular Posts

Subscribe