MAC Experience and Foundation

Friday, March 11, 2016


I have finally come to the realisation that you need to pay a little bit more on certain products in order to have healthy, good looking skin. I feel that foundation is one of these products as you wear it every day, I have previously been using No7 Beautifully Matte Foundation from boots and I am greatly disappointed with it one of the main things with this foundation that I was unhappy with was that it has warm undertones so while essentially the primary colours within the foundation matched my skin tone my skin always ended up with a reddish tint to it and the coverage did not last all day.

One of the places that I tried was MAC, I have previously had many MAC makeovers and loved the end result especially the coverage of the base products. At first the MAC counter was quite busy so I went to the foundation section to look at the selection, it was not long before I was asked if I needed any help.

 I am not afraid to say that apart from the research I have don’t online I am a little but clueless when it comes to the many varieties of MAC foundations, due to having been a long buyer of pharmacy (or drugstore if you are American) foundations but I explained what I wanted from my foundation to the sales assistant in a vague way. She sat me down an explained what in her opinion would be the best match for me and my skin type, what really reassured me way that right away she noted the cool undertones in my skin and steered me towards the cooler colours.

The first foundation applied we both agreed that it was slightly too dark, now some of the make-up counters that I have been to previously tried one foundation on me and then proceeded to insist that it was ‘the prefect’ shade for my skin tone and gone in for the hard sell, but at MAC they did not do this so we tried a second shade which we both agreed was a really good match for my skin.  She applied the foundation to my skin and I then went away to see how it would wear during the day.

The Foundation just after it has been applied 

Here are some tips when buying foundation:

-           Always go during a week day as during the weekend you might get a Saturday girl (not saying that they don’t know what they are doing but it’s always good to get someone who does it every day)

-          Always get the foundation applied to your whole fact then walk away and see how it wears during the day

-           Take I picture when you get it put on the one later on it the day so you can see how it looks and wears on your skin.

I am really pleased with the service that I got from mac and I will defiantly be going back to get the foundation.

What has your experiences with MAC been? And what foundations do you recommend? 

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. I love your blog! It's great :) Feel free to my blog :)) Maybe, you follow my blog ? ♥ (If you like it) You are amazing!
    KISS ♥♥♥

    http://madeinlatvija.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you i'm glad that you like what I am writing, I also love dresses in your most recent post! Its a lovely collection.

      From, Laura-Beth

      Delete
  2. I really wanted to try a foundation from MAC, however i have oily skin and i heard they don't have an amazing foundation for my skin type. I will have to go in and talk to one of the make-up artists! great post :)

    boldinballerinass.co.uk

    Kamila xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have combination to oily skin and they recommended Studio Fix Fluid, but another place to look at is Bobbi Brown as I've heard that they have some good foundations for oily skin :)

      From, Laura-Beth

      https://laura-beth-life.blogspot.co.uk

      Delete

Instagram

Popular Posts

Subscribe